The Best Cocoa Fudge Brownies
Skip the boxed brownie mix and make The BEST Cocoa Fudge Brownies instead! This recipe calls for everyday ingredients like butter, oil, eggs, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, and salt. These super fudgy brownies are best served with a cold glass of milk!
Recently a reader (Hi, Linda!) emailed me with a request. She asked if I’d consider creating a new brownie recipe that used ALL cocoa powder as its base.
The reason for this request, she explained, is that her husband – who’s a doctor and is working overtime right now – LOVES brownies! And she’s been baking him 3 batches a week to bring to bring to work to share with co-workers. How sweet is that!?
The issue? Most of the brownie recipes she was encountering call for a large quantity of high-quality chocolate. Which is very expensive and hard to find. Especially right now… given everything going on in the world!
I also made a mental note: create more budget friendly recipes that’ll help keep us all baking through these trying times! So from here on out, I’ll be sharing a few basic baking recipes a week, in addition to the regularly programed content!
These Cocoa Brownies are:
- shiny, crispy, and crackly on top
- rich and fudgy in the middle
- loaded with gooey chocolate chips
- made with affordable everyday ingredients
- completely from scratch
- sure to become your new favorite brownie recipe
- always a crowd-pleaser!!!
- I suggest you place the brownies on a wire rack and cool them completely in the pan before slicing. They usually come to room temperature within a few hours. If you want a warm brownie, you can heat it up for a few seconds in the oven or microwave.
- This recipe yields about 9 large brownies! But I’ve successfully doubled the recipe by simply multiplying the ingredients by two and baking them in a 9×13-inch baking pan. If you do decide to double the recipe, you’ll want to increase the baking time by about 5 minutes, maybe a little more.