3 Masoor Dal Face Packs For A Healthy & Nourishment
Here’s how these 3 amazing masoor ki dal face packs can give you a healthy and glowing face.
Masoor dal is a friendly, everyday kitchen ingredient in India. There’s no denying that this wonderful ingredient various health and beauty benefits. If you wish to have a healthy and nourished face, then masoor dal can help you get the desired glow! Maintaining a clear face is not an easy job, what with all the air pollution and stress we face daily, our face requires a lot of attention and care. But don’t worry, as here’s a pocket-friendly solution to your problem. Try masoor dal face packs this season. These face packs are rich in protein; aid in shedding off dead face and make your face healthy and hydrated. Most of us don’t want to use chemical-based products every time, look no further than your kitchen self to find healthy and natural ways to everyday beauty woes.
Our pantry is a storehouse of wonderful ingredients. Not only can we use them to cook various dishes but also to work wonders for our hair and overall beauty. If you need an effective and economical option to get rid of your everyday beauty woes then you must consider looking inside your house – simply take a tour of your kitchen, look deep inside your refrigerator or probably your little herb garden. India has always revered Ayurveda and the tradition of following ancient home remedies handed down over generations. While besan and multani mitti have always been touted as the quintessential ingredients suitable for face maintenance, there are many others that are equally effective but are not celebrated enough.
Masoor dal tastes great and is excellent for your regular face care regime as well. It comes enriched with the goodness of essential minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and is absolutely safe to try. Masoor dal has almost magical effects on the face . The powdered dal can be stored and mixed with a range of ingredients – depending on your face type – to arrive at interesting face masks, scrubs and packs.
“ Masoor dal works as a bleaching agent. Once you add it to you regular face care ritual, you will see a noticeable clarity, smoothness and radiance in your face . It works as an exfoliator and helps lighten scars, spots and pigmentation,” noted, a leading Delhi-based Dermatologist.
“It is a great agent to exfoliate, clarify and cleanse the face . The water used to soak the dal can be used in face packs and masks as it retains essential minerals for the face ,” a Delhi-based Beauty Expert.
Ways to Use it
Adding masoor dal to your face care routine is simple, inexpensive and similar to other ingredients like besan or multani mitti . You can make a range of combinations with it in order to suit your face type.
1. Mix masoor dal powder with milk and egg white to make a paste. Apply it on face, let it dry. “This becomes a powerful tightening mask that rejuvenates and tightens the face ,” . Wash off and moisturise well
2. Masoor dal can be used to make an anti-ageing pack wherein the powder can be mixed with powdered dry fruits, for example walnut powder or besan . It works perfectly as a tan removing agent as well.
3. Masoor dal powder can be worked into a paste by mixing it with milk. Gently scrub on face and let it dry. Wash off and moisturise well. This will help remove dead face , pollution, excess oil from the face . Milk gives the pack moisturising properties. Use it once a week to get rid of blemishes and uneven face tone.
4. People with dry face should mix it with honey and rub it on the face . Leave for some time and wash off. “Oily face can benefit a great deal by mixing powdered dal with a few drops of white vinegar and water and applying on the face. Normal face type can make a paste with curd and white vinegar, rub on face , let it dry and wash off. White vinegar can be substituted with lemon juice,”
5. Masoor dal powder when mixed with soaked urad dal , almond oil, glycerine and rose water works great as an anti-acne face pack.
Things to keep in mind
– Masoor dal powder can be used on nose to remove blackhead and white heads, however, using it more than once a week can strip off essential oils from the face .
– Masoor dal tends to tighten the face and has a drying effect, therefore moisturising becomes extremely important after its application.
– People with sensitive or extremely dry should avoid its application
– Avoid applying it if your face has acne, pimple, rashes or allergies.